Assignment 2: Ken Burns

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

恭喜发财,把A拿来! Okay, just kidding but not really. :]

For assignment 2, we're supposed to use Ken Burns effect to create a video to promote NUS. SO the big question is...what have I gained from my 3 years in NUS other than huge black eye rings? I've gained opportunities to experience different things. I've gained new perspectives in life. But most importantly, it's really the friendships that are forged here in NUS. So in this video I intend to incorporate the significant events that I had participated during my stay here in NUS, and will touch very briefly on academic stuff because showing too much academic stuff gets a little boring. Besides, if it's going to be used for Admissions, then a video that just shows too much academic content will not be effective in persuading - it might even scare people off. I feel that it's the personal touch that will move people! Anyway, I already have a theme in mind which I will use throughout my video, and I kinda can picture how my video is going to be like...but I will not divulge it here YET! Keep y'all in suspense for awhile until the final product comes out!

In the meantime, here's the draft of my video.



Oh, check out Yale's video! My gosh, after watching it, it really makes me wanna go to Yale! Very effective admissions video even though it's 16mins long, but I was captivated all the way! GOOD JOB YALE! :D (never gonna be able to create a video like this in such a short span of time, plus with the lack of resources! sigh.)



* Edited at a later time.

OKAY, I'M DONE WITH MY KEN BURNS ASSIGNMENT :) Actually, I got to say Ken Burns is quite easy to do with Adobe Premiere Pro, basically just putting the photos together and adding in transitions! This assignment feels much easier than creating a website!! I guess the hardest part for this assignment was choosing the correct photos to put in and the right music. Oh yeah, not forgetting the voice overs! I had to redo them many times to perfect it. At first, I intended to do some animation using Adobe After Effects, but I was afraid I might get too caught up in it, and shift the focus away from the Ken Burns effect. So I said no no to After Effects!

Okay, so here's the final product! CHECK IT OUT! :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment